This is possibly my all time favourite cake recipe. It is moist, light, delicious and so easy to whip up for a quick treat or after dinner pudding. Serve with natural yoghurt and berries or warm with a yummy scoop of ice cream.
2 large navel oranges
6 organic eggs
250g caster sugar
250g ground almonds
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1. Put the oranges in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for one hour or until oranges are soft. Remove from the hot water and leave to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 170C.
3. Cut the oranges into quarters and remove the pips.
4. Place the oranges into a food processor, skin and all and process until smooth.
5. Add in all the remaining ingredients and process again.
6. Grease and line a 20cm spring form pan.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 45-55 minutes.
8. Let the cake cool before removing from tin.
Gluten Free – Wheat Free – Dairy Free