This deliciously moist, flavoursome cake is perfect for afternoon tea with the girls or as a lovely end to a family dinner with a dollop of crème frache. Yum.
250g Butter, softened
250g caster sugar
250g ground almonds
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
3 lemons (3 zested, 1 juiced)
1. Heat oven to 160C fan forced. Butter and base line a 23cm springform tin. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs one by one and beat between each addition.
3. Fold in the polenta, almonds and baking powder.
4. Mix in the lemon zest and juice.
5. Pour into the springform tin, it will come nearly to the brim.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes to one hour until the cake is risen and golden (cover the top of the cake loosely with foil after 30 minutes to stop it browning too much).
7. Leave cake to cool in tin.
Gluten Free – Wheat Free